SOAP server deserialization

  • snarfoid
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      I'm writing a SOAP::Lite server and I want to do some special handling.
      What I don't understand is that I get the parameters from the client
      like so in my package method:

      @paramsin = pop->dataof(SOAP::SOM::paramsin);

      Now when I go through these, I find that the top layer are SOAP::Data
      references, which is great. But I'm expecting some nested tags, and
      was hoping that a SOAP::Data->value() would in turn point me at
      another SOAP::Data object, but it certainly doesn't. Which makes me
      think I'm just missing things somewhere.

      I'm expecting to receive a body something like this:

      <isDomainAvailable>

      <domainInfo>
      <domainName>foo.com</domainName>

      <type>full</type>
      </domainInfo>
      <partnerInfo>
      <cobrandCode>1</cobrandCode>

      <channel>foo</channel>
      </partnerInfo>
      </isDomainAvailable>

      Any suggestions? Thanks,

      --Rob
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
        On 2002.08.30 16:58 snarfoid wrote:

        > Now when I go through these, I find that the top layer are SOAP::Data
        > references, which is great. But I'm expecting some nested tags, and
        > was hoping that a SOAP::Data->value() would in turn point me at
        > another SOAP::Data object, but it certainly doesn't. Which makes me
        > think I'm just missing things somewhere.

        Have a look at the "dataof" method under the SOAP::Data heading in the manual
        page.

        Randy
        --
        rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

        Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
        to include uce@... and report@...