OO interface - what does SOAP::lite if unknown type

  • gavinbong@visto.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2001
      If I point SOAP::lite to read a WSDL that contains an
      unknown type, e.g.

      <wsdl:message name="in">
      <part name="a" type="foo:mytype">
      </wsdl:message>

      will SOAP::lite choke? if not, how does it recover ?

      Thanks

      Gavin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2001
        Hi, Gavin!

        It won't be able to properly describe it, but it'll create
        placeholder for it and should should be able to put your object or
        variable there. Should be properly serialized. WSDL description gives
        you the default attributes, but you can override it with yours
        (specifying SOAP::Data properties). Should be able to. Keep in mind
        that parameters are binded to WSDL description by-order (not by
        name), so the first parameter in method call will be binded to the
        first parameter in service description. Let me know if you face any
        problem.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/