Re: NOT_SOLVED Re: [soaplite] 5.6 vs 5.8 differences??...or...???

  • mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29 7:05 AM
      okay... spoke too soon.

      I assume that the same problem holds true for not only the initial
      connection, but for all further calls? i.e. I am now able to connect to
      a server (server runs perl 5.8, client runs perl 5.8) using

      $result = $soap_connection->call(new => @args)->paramsall

      The server side code is:

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      my $x = new SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI;
      $x->dispatch_to('/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin', 'MOBY::Central',
      'MOBY::Central::new');
      $x->handle;

      But the subsequent call to another method in that object
      ($soap_connection->call(retrieveServiceTypes...)) fails with "Failed to
      locate method (retrieveServiceTypes) in class (MOBY::Central) at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2195"

      This is also true if I explicitly tell the Server that the method is
      there

      $x->dispatch_to('/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin', 'MOBY::Central',
      'MOBY::Central::new', 'MOBY::Central::retrieveServiceTypes');

      Is this symptomatic of the same phenomenon, or is this something else?
      As I said, I have the entire thing running perfectly on a perl 5.6, and
      I am simply moving it to another machine, so I suspect that the problems
      are due to 5.6 vs. 5.8 rather than problems inherent in the code or my
      setup of the system...

      Is use of dispatch_with a workaround for this problem?

      Thanks again for all your time!!

      Mark

      mwilkinson@... wrote:

      > Pierre Denis wrote:
      >
      > > It is probably a bug in perl 5.8
      > > UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD is broken in 5.8 and it is used by SOAP::Lite
      > when
      > >
      > > autodispatch is "on"
      >
      > Correct. I recoded the example to not use autodispatch and it solved
      > the problem.
      >
      > Thanks! I need to warn my users about this...

    • Pierre Denis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29 7:56 AM
        It's another problem this time. SOAP::Lite doesn't allow calls to the method
        "retrieveServiceTypes"
        Have you tried:
        $x->dispatch_to('/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin', 'MOBY::Central') ?

        Are you running the same version of SOAP::Lite?

        Regards