XML references when calling methods

  • calinm
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2002
      Hello,

      I have a SOAP::Lite client. I generate a stub with stubmaker.pl,
      then I use that module. The server is Sun WSDP.

      My method is called "echo1" and takes as only argument a struct called
      "WSdomainRecord" containing 2 members, "domainName" and "expiryDate".

      The SOAP::Lite serializes the call like this:
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp1:echo1 xmlns:namesp1="http://domainpeople.com/wsdl/PartnerWS">
      <WSDomainRecord_1 xsi:type="namesp2:WSDomainRecord">
      <expiryDate xsi:type="xsd:string">
      04-10-2002
      </expiryDate>
      <domainName xsi:type="xsd:string">
      domain.com</domainName>
      </WSDomainRecord_1></namesp1:echo1></SOAP-ENV:Body>

      BUT, for an unknown reason, the Java endpoint does not like this and
      expects it to be encoded with a href in the method call and the
      argument later:

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp1:echo1><WSdomainRecord_1 HREF="#ID1"/></namesp1:echo1>
      <WSDomainRecord id="ID1">blah blah blah</WSDomainRecord> ...

      Is there a way to make SOAP::Lite encode it like that?

      Thanks!

      Calin