Re: [soaplite] OO interface - updating the object

  • mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2002
      Nix that question - I just discovered that it is *entirely*
      automagical...

      I wonder if this behaviour could be documented a little more
      thoroughly? It is extremely counterintuitive to discover that

      my $return = $self->SOAP_connection->call('retrieveServiceNames' =>
      (@_))->paramsall;

      and

      my $return = $self->SOAP_connection->call('retrieveServiceNames' =>
      ($obj, @_))->paramsall;

      look ~the same on the server-side, except in the latter case the first
      parameter of @_ is the object plus its current data, while the first
      paramter of @_ in the former case does not have any data.

      It took a couple of hours of playing with the debugger to convince
      myself that this was really happening... I like it!! But I think it
      needs to be better documented as it is just a little bit *too* magical
      to believe until you have tested it over and over again! :-)

      cheers Paul!