Re: Passing Hashtables from Perl (again)

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16 1:24 PM
      On 2002-08-16 calinm wrote:
      >> >I am using the Sun Java WSDP.
      >> >
      >> It's not clear quite what you want to do. Send a SOAP message from
      >> SOAP::Lite containing a hash table which Java can handle?
      >
      >Exactly. This is the code of my java function:
      >public Hashtable echoHashtable(Hashtable ht)
      >{
      > return ht;
      >}
      >
      >I am trying to call it from perl. I tried the approach you described
      >in msg 1374:
      >
      >$result = echoHashtable (SOAP::Data->type(map =>
      >$hashref)->name('ht'))
      >
      >and I get this:
      >
      ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      ><env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      >xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      >xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      >xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      >xmlns:ns0="http://com.test/types/ZoneEditWS"
      >xmlns:ns1="http://java.sun.com/jax-rpc-ri/internal"
      >env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      ><env:Body><env:Fault><faultcode>env:Server</faultcode>
      ><faultstring>Internal Server Error (deserialization error:
      >unexpected XML reader state. expected: END but found: START:
      >ht)</faultstring>
      ></env:Fault></env:Body>
      ></env:Envelope>
      >
      >I am using the Sun java WSDP. and WSDL on the client side.

      Clearly you have some sort of malformed message.
      I think that you need to look at the SOAP message generated by
      SOAP::Lite. If you don't have a tracing proxy then turn on debug
      with SOAP::Lite, something like

      use SOAP::Lite +debug => trace;

      That should show the generated xml and hopefully identify the problem.

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron