Re: [soaplite] XMLSchema

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2002
      On 2002-08-02 KenWilner wrote:
      >It appears that by default SOAP::Lite uses XMLSchema 1999 for types.
      >How do I force it to use XMLSchema 2001?
      >
      >Thanks.

      Something like this will work, but also search the archives for more discussion on SOAP
      versions:

      my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
      xmlschema => '2001',
      uri => ...
      proxy => ...

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron
    • KenWilner
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
        O.K. this worked great when using uri/proxy. However, it appears to
        be ignored when using the service method. Furthermore, eventhough the
        WSDL document that I set with the service method specifies XML Schema
        2001, SOAP::Lite generates messages using messages using XMLSchema
        1999 regardless or whether or not I set XMLSchema as indicated below.

        Any ideas who be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks.

        Ken

        --- In soaplite@y..., Duncan Cameron <dcameron@b...> wrote:
        > On 2002-08-02 KenWilner wrote:
        > >It appears that by default SOAP::Lite uses XMLSchema 1999 for
        types.
        > >How do I force it to use XMLSchema 2001?
        > >
        > >Thanks.
        > >
        > Something like this will work, but also search the archives for
        more discussion on SOAP
        > versions:
        >
        > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
        > xmlschema => '2001',
        > uri => ...
        > proxy => ...
        >

        > Regards,
        > Duncan Cameron
      • ads0138
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
          --- In soaplite@y..., "KenWilner" <wilner@p...> wrote:
          > O.K. this worked great when using uri/proxy. However, it appears
          > be ignored when using the service method. Furthermore, eventhough
          the
          > WSDL document that I set with the service method specifies XML
          Schema
          > 2001, SOAP::Lite generates messages using messages using XMLSchema
          > 1999 regardless or whether or not I set XMLSchema as indicated
          below.

          > Any ideas who be greatly appreciated.

          Hello All,

          I'm replying to this several months after the original message for
          the benefit of anyone searching through the archives (as I was doing
          when I came upon Duncan Cameron's helpful response to the OP).

          To change schema using the service method, you can do something like
          the following (mostly copied from the examples in the t/ directory
          of the SOAP::Lite source):

          my $service = SOAP::Lite
          ->service($remote_wsdlpoint)
          ->xmlschema('2001')
          ->on_fault(sub {
          my $soap = shift;
          my $res = shift;
          ref $res or $soap = shift;
          ref $res ? warn(join "\n", "--- SOAP FAULT ---",
          $res->faultcode, $res->faultstring, '')
          : warn(join "\n", "--- TRANSPORT ERROR ---",
          $soap->transport->status, '');
          return new SOAP::SOM;
          }) or die "Cannot create service. $!";

          The real key is the xmlschema() method, of course.

          -Al