RE: RE: [soaplite] Re: Install on Windows 98 NT 2000

  • Peter Wilkinson
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
      Thanks Duncan,
      The build and install and tests work fine on Win2000 SP1, ActiveState v5.6.0
      build 623, using the .NET SDK nmake.

      I like the 'ppm install', I was not aware it would install from source like
      that.

      PW.

      On 2001-02-07 at 02:44:00, Peter Wilkinson <pwilkinson@...>
      wrote concerning 'RE: [soaplite] Re: Install on Windows 98 NT 2000':
      >I've just downloaded the latest SOAP::Lite .zip and it compiles fine here.
      >
      >'perl Makefile.PL' the 'nmake' and it builds fine. I did have to install
      the
      >MIME::Lite ppm, but I got that straight from ActiveState.
      >
      >My configuration is Win2000 SP1 and .NET SDK installed for 'nmake'
      >
      >I didn't install as this version of ppm requires SOAP::Lite and didn't let
      >me remove the 0.43 version!
      >
      >PW.
      >
      >Peter Wilkinson
      >pwilkinson@...

    • Peter Wilkinson
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
        Duncan,
        I didn't get the htmlhelp part to work though - I can't find the module,
        where is that located???

        PW.

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2001
            On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:16:10 -0500 , "Fisher, James" <jfisher@...>
            wrote:

            >That is not created by default. Here are your options.
            >
            >1. (The option I use) Open a cmd prompt and type "perldoc SOAP::Lite".
            >type "perldoc perldoc" if you have any questions.

            >2. There is a bat called pod2html.bat which will convert it to html, but I
            >have never used it. If you want it to show up on that nice html index for
            >the activestate docs you may have to open up the file and add it. There is
            >an automated way to do this, but I would have to look it up.

            Yes, pod2html is the command for converting the PODs to HTML. You must
            then install your HTML docs into the perl/html/site/lib branch.

            You can automatically recreate the "Table Of Contents" by running:

            perl -MActivePerl::DocTools -eActivePerl::DocTools::WriteTOC

            -Jan