Getting authentication failure when accessing web service by using WSDL files.

  • manish_s_patil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2002
      Hi Paul,

      I am working on a perl soap client to access the web service
      from java server. I am using java server that supports an apache SOAP
      which is an open-source implementation of the SOAP v1.1 and SOAP
      Messages with Attachments as per the specifications in Java.

      I am using a wsdl file to access the service. The server provides
      the authentication feature. If the authentication is off then I can
      access the webservice.

      If the authentication is on then, i encoded the user name and
      password to get the wsdl file from server. Now i am able to get
      access to the wsdl file. But then also i am not able to get access to
      the web service.

      So i added the
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::get_basic_credentials() method but
      very rarely i am able to get access to the service. Sometimes i can
      access it with authentication. But sometimes it gives 500 Internal
      Error.

      While working with different languages such as C#, VB.Net,java
      and VB 6.0, I can access the authenticated service very easily. But
      while using perl soap client i am not able to get acces to
      authenticated web service.

      I hope you can help me.

      Regards,

      Manish Patil.
    • manish_s_patil
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2002
        Hi Paul,

        I am working on a perl soap client to access the web service
        from java server. I am using java server that supports an apache SOAP
        which is an open-source implementation of the SOAP v1.1 and SOAP
        Messages with Attachments as per the specifications in Java.

        I am using a wsdl file to access the service. The server provides
        the basic authentication feature. If the authentication is off then I