CPAN

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
      Hmm ... I just noticed and was wondering is there a reason why the file in
      CPAN is a .zip file?

      Cause it's causing gunzip (and thus -MCPAN) to barf on one of my boxes, and
      I noticed you have a perfectly good .tar.gz on the soaplite.com site.

      Note: Generally I'm all for .zip files as I'm primarily a win32 user, it's
      just as far as CPAN goes ... tarballs seem to rule the day.

      -Chris
      --
      "[A] Genuinely skillful use of obscenities is uniformly absent on the
      Internet." -Karl Kleinpaste
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
        Hi, Chris!

        > Hmm ... I just noticed and was wondering is there a reason why the
        > file in CPAN is a .zip file?
        Should be .tar.gz. At least this link returns proper name
        (http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=SOAP-Lite). Since there are two
        packages (.zip and .tar.gz) it really depends on order in which you
        upload files. Ideally I would like to get .zip in browser and .tar.gz
        when I use CPAN.pm, but it doesn't seem to be possible. Anyway, I
        reindexed SOAP::Lite entry several weeks ago and .tar.gz distribution
        should be used. I'm not sure how it gets populated across all
        mirrors. I'll try from a couple of servers today.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://sbc.yahoo.com