named parameters and unicode strings

  • raychan2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm trying to write a SOAP server using SOAP::Lite. I used
      my ($Input, $Start, $Type) = SOAP::Server::Parameters::byNameOrOrder
      ([qw(Input Start Type)], @_); to access the parameters by name. I
      have some strings encoded in utf-8 (obtained from mysql db) that will
      be returned as an ordered hash. When I include the named parameters
      in the ordered hash ($Input, $Start, $Type), the string encoded in
      utf-8 will go wrong! What's happening?

      eg when i do
      return SOAP::Data->type('ordered_hash' => [ "test" => "some utf-8
      string" ]);

      this is will work, but when:

      return SOAP::Data->type('ordered_hash' => [ "test" => "some utf-8
      string", "Input" => $Input ]);

      the utf-8 string will become something else