Re: [soaplite] Jabber transport fails?

  • rjray@blackperl.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2002

      Chris> I'm experimenting with the jabber transport, SOAP::Transport::JABBER,
      Chris> and trying to get a handle on what's going on.

      I don't have a solution, but I have had the exact same problems, down to the
      error messages. I couldn't track it, since the Net::Jabber test suite runs
      fine.

      Randy
      Randy J. Ray rjray@...
      Campbell, CA rjray@...
      <A HREF="http://www.svsm.org">Silicon Valley Scale Modelers</A>
    • Dougal Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2002
        On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Chris Davies wrote:

        > I'm experimenting with the jabber transport, SOAP::Transport::JABBER, and
        > trying to get a handle on what's going on.
        >
        > [....]
        >
        > Can't locate object method "AddDelegate" via package "Net::Jabber::Protocol"
        > (perhaps you forgot to load "Net::Jabber::Protocol"?) at
        > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Jabber/Client.pm line 171.
        >
        > [....]
        >
        > I'm reasonably sure my modules are uptodate (SOAP::Lite 0.55, Net::Jabber
        > et al from Net-Jabber-1.0024.tar.gz). Interestingly, if I grep for
        > AddDelegate in my installed perl tree I see it twice, only in
        > SOAP::Transport::JABBER.

        I had the same problem (about a month ago). It seems that the JABBER
        transport was written based on Net::Jabber 1.0021, and the AddDelegate
        stuff has been removed from the module since then.

        I think Paul Kulchenko said that he'd be updating SOAP::Lite to support
        the new Jabber modules, but didn't give a timeframe. I tried to find my
        copy of his message, but I can't remember where I filed it....

        If you haven't already, you might try asking on the Jabber-Dev mailing
        list, and see if somebody there has already rigged up something.

        --
        Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@...>
        http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2002
          On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, I wrote:
          > I'm experimenting with the jabber transport, SOAP::Transport::JABBER, and
          > trying to get a handle on what's going on.
          >
          > [....]
          >
          > Can't locate object method "AddDelegate" via package
          "Net::Jabber::Protocol"
          > (perhaps you forgot to load "Net::Jabber::Protocol"?) at
          > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Jabber/Client.pm line 171.

          On Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 4:38 PM, Dougal Campbell replied:
          I had the same problem (about a month ago). It seems that the JABBER
          transport was written based on Net::Jabber 1.0021, and the AddDelegate
          stuff has been removed from the module since then.

          [...]

          Thanks to you (and others) for the update
          Chris