Attempting to recover an the actual error message when the remote server is down

  • William McCracken
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2002
      I want to capture the error returned when a remote server is not responding,
      the line I get back with trace enabled is:

      envelope: Server 500 Can't connect to SERVER.emc.usi.net:4343 (Timeout) at
      /opt/USIstate/mod_soap//AgentServer.pm line 368

      However while the returned object is a fault, it does not seem to have any
      of the fields filled in so I�m unsure how to get this error and return it to
      the user as the standard ->faultstring, faultcode, and faultdetails
      variables contain no data.

      Eric Gandt

    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2002
        On 2002-06-20 William McCracken wrote:
        >I want to capture the error returned when a remote server is not responding,
        >the line I get back with trace enabled is:
        >
        >envelope: Server 500 Can't connect to SERVER.emc.usi.net:4343 (Timeout) at
        >/opt/USIstate/mod_soap//AgentServer.pm line 368
        >
        >However while the returned object is a fault, it does not seem to have any
        >of the fields filled in so I�m unsure how to get this error and return it to
        >the user as the standard ->faultstring, faultcode, and faultdetails
        >variables contain no data.
        >
        >Eric Gandt

        SOAP faults are really for server-side faults in the processing of a
        message, your error is to do with the client tcp/ip. You'll need to
        wrap your call in an eval{} to catch the error.

        Regards,
        Duncan Cameron