Cannot determine protocol

  • Andersson, Kimmo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2002
      Hi !

      I'm writing a library in C++ which provides an interface for SOAP::Lite SOAP
      toolkit. I have decided to use an own intermediary Perl module between my
      C++ class and SOAP::Lite and just call my Perl module from C++. And I am
      doing this in HP-UX environment.

      Now when I am testing my library I get this kind of error messages:
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 500 (Internal Server Error)
      Can't connect to xxx (Cannot determine protocol). (I have omitted the actual
      address).

      The problem seems to be in getting the protocol. In command level perl -e
      'print getprotobyname('tcp')' works fine and prints what is expected. So the
      file /etc/protocols seems to be ok.

      But when I try getprotobyname in my Perl module it prints nothing. But also
      gives no error message. I seem to have embedded all the necessary Perl
      modules because there's no more complaints about loading Perl modules. But
      perhaps something is still missing ?

      Best regards

      Kimmo Andersson

      Yomi Solutions Ltd E-mail: Kimmo.Andersson@....O
      Box 354, Piippukatu 11 Mobile: +358 50 384 3734
      FIN-40101 JYVÄSKYLÄ Fax : +358 14 240 4709FINLAND