Re: [soaplite] new group member / very silly question!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2002
      Hi, Kieran!

      --- "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <kieran.broadfoot@...> wrote:
      > i. If no uri is passed to the server from the client is there any
      > way to
      > have the server automatically use a perl module as default? i.e
      > something
      > that responds with a help message detailing available modules etc.
      you may put your functions in "main" package that should be used in
      this case. Or you can use dispatch_with() method and link your uri to
      any package you want: ->dispatch_with({"" => 'My::Package'})

      > ii. Can arguments be automatically passed as part of the uri? for
      > instance
      > if I wanted to make a call like: ./client.pl
      > InstallPkg?machine=bob.xx.xx.xxx&pkg=perl is it feasible?
      no. It's not clear how to pass payload in this case.

      > iii. Whats the simplest way of determining what type of system the
      > calling
      > client is? i.e web browser, soap::lite client etc
      Check this link: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/08/ws-easy.html
      This article may give you some ideas.

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com