Newbie: vbscript Hello_client.vbs hangs

  • Chris Caughlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2002

      I am following the book Programming Web services with SOAP. I have the perl

      hw_client.pl and the  Hello_server.cgi working. When I try using the

      Hello_client.vbs client, the script displays the msgbox with the Envelope

      information but never comes back with a reply. Looking at the task manager

      the wscript process is still hanging around and consuming cycles. I have to

      kill this process for it to go away. I am working with Windows 2000 PRO and

      Apache. The Apache error log has no errors in it.

      How can I tell if the cgi script is actually getting the request? (I am

      learning perl as I go.)

      Any help will be greatly appreciated.