RESOLVED - Re: [soaplite] peculiar behaviour with WSDL file as input

  • Mark Wilkinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
      Although I can confirm the peculiarity below does continue, all other
      problems have now been resolved. Thanks Duncan for your insights into
      my misinterpretation of WSDL, and thanks Paul for writing the
      "dispatch_with" part of SOAP::Lite (which I *love*!!!) and for
      answering questions even when you're on the road.

      It was my problems with WSDL that were causing most of my errors, not a
      problem with SOAP::Lite itself (except for the bug report below).

      Cheers all!

      Mark Wilkinson wrote:

      > Interesting, though, is that if I pass it as a file rather than as a
      > string it passes the XMP::Parser parse without an error (though I
      > still
      > get the error 500 from the server)...
      >
      > I wonder if something is being added to it when it is passed as data:
      > that is causing the unmatched token error??

      --------------------------------
      "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."
      ________________________________

      Dr. Mark Wilkinson
      Bioinformatics Group
      National Research Council of Canada
      Plant Biotechnology Institute
      110 Gymnasium Place
      Saskatoon, SK
      Canada
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2002
        Hi, Mark!

        --- Mark Wilkinson <mwilkinson@...> wrote:
        > Although I can confirm the peculiarity below does continue, all
        Yes, I can confirm that. The reason for that is that data: protocol
        expects all data to be escaped or base64 encoded. '#' symbol marks
        end of stream (or something like that) and processing stops when it's
        presented in the string. If you escape your WSDL it will be processed
        with no problem (notice that you don't need to remove CRLFs in this
        case):

        use SOAP::Lite;

        my $wsdl = join '', <>;
        use URI::Escape; $wsdl = URI::Escape::uri_escape($wsdl);
        my $s = SOAP::Lite->service("data:,$wsdl");

        Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        > Mark Wilkinson wrote:
        >
        > > Interesting, though, is that if I pass it as a file rather than
        > as a
        > > string it passes the XMP::Parser parse without an error (though I
        > > still
        > > get the error 500 from the server)...
        > >
        > > I wonder if something is being added to it when it is passed as
        > data:
        > > that is causing the unmatched token error??

        > --
        > --------------------------------
        > "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."
        > ________________________________
        >
        > Dr. Mark Wilkinson
        > Bioinformatics Group
        > National Research Council of Canada
        > Plant Biotechnology Institute
        > 110 Gymnasium Place
        > Saskatoon, SK
        > Canada

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • Mark Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2002
          That works just dandy!

          thanks Paul,

          Paul Kulchenko wrote:

          > use SOAP::Lite;
          >
          > my $wsdl = join '', <>;
          > use URI::Escape; $wsdl = URI::Escape::uri_escape($wsdl);
          > my $s = SOAP::Lite->service("data:,$wsdl");

          --
          "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

          Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
          National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
          110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

          phone : (306) 975 5279
          pager : (306) 934 2322
          mobile: markw_mobile@...