Re: [soaplite] Having difficulty with SOAP::SOM passed to method code

  • Colin Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
      Paul,
      Thanks. That did the trick. I did go through the
      archive for the answer before posting. I guess it
      would have helped if I'd had a better idea what I was
      looking for.

      My remaining issue relates to use of dispatch_with
      to force all method calls (to any method) to be passed
      to a single routine. It seems as though I can do this
      with the the URL syntax of dispatch_with, however on
      closer inspection it appears that defining the default
      handler with on_action might be more correct. I wonder
      if you could provide some guidance here.

      While I'm composing this, I guess I should ask the
      next question I foresee having. I (ultimately) intend
      to be deserializing arbitrary XML to get my SOAP
      request objects, rather than relying on the CGI
      interface. Once I have the request object, I presume I
      must pass it through a SOAP::Server object to generate
      the response object (which I will be serializing and
      passing back to the client manually).

      I didn't see a server method available for passing
      a generated SOAP request object in (to a server
      object) for processing, although I'm sure one must
      exist, I can't seem to find it. I wonder if you could
      point me in the right direction.

      Thanks again for all your help.

      -- hillct

      =====