Re: [soaplite] Having difficulty with SOAP::SOM passed to method code

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hi, hillct!

      > routine to which the call is being dispatched. Is there something I
      > need other than:
      >
      > use vars qw(@ISA);
      > @ISA = qw(SOAP::Server::Parameters);
      >
      > inside the package containing the routine being dispatched to?
      no.

      > I tried working with the parametersbyname.pl example but it doesn't
      > seem to operate correctly. I'd appreciate any pointers you can give

      I'm not sure how your server code looks like, but if you have server
      and package in one file you may check these two messages for
      solution. You should have BEGIN {} block around your code.

      Let me know if it's something else.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- hillct <hillct@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I've been messing with SOAP::Lite for the past few days. It's
      > really neat, but It seems difficult to get to the message level
      > directly.
      > The application I'm working on requires that XML content
      > recieved
      > elsewhere be processed as a SOAP method call, where the method
      > being
      > called will determine output, from a single routine (rather than a
      > package of methods as is done in most of the examples). I expect I
      > can dispatch all requests regardless of method, to a sincle routine
      >
      > using dispatch_with, but for some reason the SOAP::SOM object isn't
      >
      > being passed, so I have no access to the SOAP headers from within
      > the
      > routine to which the call is being dispatched. Is there something I
      >
      > need other than:
      >
      > use vars qw(@ISA);
      > @ISA = qw(SOAP::Server::Parameters);
      >
      > inside the package containing the routine being dispatched to?
      > I tried working with the parametersbyname.pl example but it doesn't
      >
      > seem to operate correctly. I'd appreciate any pointers you can give
      >
      > me. Thanks
      >
      > -- hillct

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Colin Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
        Paul,
        Thanks. That did the trick. I did go through the
        archive for the answer before posting. I guess it
        would have helped if I'd had a better idea what I was
        looking for.

        My remaining issue relates to use of dispatch_with
        to force all method calls (to any method) to be passed
        to a single routine. It seems as though I can do this
        with the the URL syntax of dispatch_with, however on
        closer inspection it appears that defining the default
        handler with on_action might be more correct. I wonder
        if you could provide some guidance here.

        While I'm composing this, I guess I should ask the
        next question I foresee having. I (ultimately) intend
        to be deserializing arbitrary XML to get my SOAP
        request objects, rather than relying on the CGI
        interface. Once I have the request object, I presume I
        must pass it through a SOAP::Server object to generate
        the response object (which I will be serializing and
        passing back to the client manually).

        I didn't see a server method available for passing
        a generated SOAP request object in (to a server
        object) for processing, although I'm sure one must
        exist, I can't seem to find it. I wonder if you could
        point me in the right direction.

        Thanks again for all your help.

        -- hillct

        =====