RE: [soaplite] Local POP3 server

  • Chris Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2002
      You write, "so that the client [...] can connect to pop3.localhost [...] and
      mail will be collected from the external pop3 box". This sounds like simple
      network proxying.

      Why should SOAP be able to help with a network proxy?

      What do you really want to achive? One of the following?
      * Localhost stores messages from remote server
      * Localhost proxies requests on to remote server

      You may need to ask yourself what would be gained from having local clients
      reference your localhost instead of the remote server.

      Chris
      --
      Chris Davies, Manheim Online
      Tel. 0113 393-2004 Fax. 0870 444-0482. Mobile 07778 199069