Local POP3 server

  • ncannings
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2002
      I coud be barking up the wrong tree here, but I am trying to use SOAP
      to create a local POP3 proxy to filter mail from an external POP3
      server ie so that that the client email program can connect to
      pop3.localhost (for example), and mail will be collected from the
      external POP3 box

      I have been using HTTP::Daemon to set up local services, but was
      wondering if and how this can be applied to a POP proxy

      Thanks for any help that you can offer

      Nigel
    • Chris Davies
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2002
        You write, "so that the client [...] can connect to pop3.localhost [...] and
        mail will be collected from the external pop3 box". This sounds like simple
        network proxying.

        Why should SOAP be able to help with a network proxy?

        What do you really want to achive? One of the following?
        * Localhost stores messages from remote server
        * Localhost proxies requests on to remote server

        You may need to ask yourself what would be gained from having local clients
        reference your localhost instead of the remote server.

        Chris
        --
        Chris Davies, Manheim Online
        Tel. 0113 393-2004 Fax. 0870 444-0482. Mobile 07778 199069