Compiling SOAP::Lite Statically

  • Richard Maynard
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2002
      I need to compile soaplite statically because I need it to communicate
      over SSL, but can not install openssl on the box where these scripts will
      run from.

      I've been trying to figure out how to get the CPAN module to pass this
      along since the soaplite process is fairly easy when using CPAN, but no
      idea how to have CPAN pass flags to the compiler.

      I don't think setting the make_arg value is going to help, since the
      values need to be passed to the compiler, not make :\ Any ideas? Thanks in
      advance!

      _____________________ ___________________________________________
      / Richard Maynard Y "There is nothing to take a man's freedom \
      | System Administrator| away from him, save other men. To be |
      | Earthlink, Pasadena | free, a man must be free of his |
      | 1-800-EARTHLINK | brothers." -Ayn Rand |
    • rjray@blackperl.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2002

        Richard> I need to compile soaplite statically because I need it to
        Richard> communicate over SSL, but can not install openssl on the box where
        Richard> these scripts will run from.

        There is not "static compilation" for Perl-only modules. Static compilation
        only applies to extensions that include XS code. The SSL library you intend to
        use may fall under this heading, but that would be outside the scope of this
        particular mailing list.

        Randy
        Randy J. Ray rjray@...
        Campbell, CA rjray@...