XML content in the body element using SOAP Lite

  • kmertsalov
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2002
      I am trying to send XML formated data to the method and get xml
      formatted response back from the method using SOAP and SOAP Lite. Is
      there any pre buit ways to easily parse xml passed to the method?
      Does SOAP Lite preformats xml formatted "arguments" for easier use by
      the method, or is it just passed as a single string ?

      Thanks,
    • Tim Jenness
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2002
        On Wed, 15 May 2002, kmertsalov wrote:

        > I am trying to send XML formated data to the method and get xml
        > formatted response back from the method using SOAP and SOAP Lite. Is
        > there any pre buit ways to easily parse xml passed to the method?
        > Does SOAP Lite preformats xml formatted "arguments" for easier use by
        > the method, or is it just passed as a single string ?

        SOAP::Lite will give you the XML data as a string. You then have to deal
        with that as you would any other XML string.

        One thing to note is that SOAP::Lite will still parse the XML internally -
        for short XML fragments this is not an issue but for long XML strings you
        may get a performance hit doing the double parsing (I improved the
        performance of my server by an order of magnitude by passing the XML
        string as binary. This prevented SOAP::Lite from parsing it - my XML was
        1MB though).

        --
        Tim Jenness
        JAC software