difference?? OR

  • jonthorwilliams
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2002
      what is the difference between <SOAP-ENV:Envelope> OR
      <soap:Envelope>

      and how does this affect me?

      for example, writing a Perl client connecting to a .NET web
      service... the Perl client sends the former as a Request envelope and
      the .NET server responds with the latter style...

      i am having trouble getting a Perl client to work. is this my
      problem?
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2002
        Hi, jonthorwilliams!

        --- jonthorwilliams <jonthorwilliams@...> wrote:
        > what is the difference between <SOAP-ENV:Envelope> OR
        > <soap:Envelope>
        As soon as SOAP-ENV and soap prefixes point to the same namespace
        there is no difference from SOAP perspective.

        > and how does this affect me?
        it doesn't. Prefix shouldn't matter.

        > for example, writing a Perl client connecting to a .NET web
        > service... the Perl client sends the former as a Request envelope
        > and the .NET server responds with the latter style...
        >
        > i am having trouble getting a Perl client to work. is this my
        > problem?
        You may check INTEROPERABILITY section in SOAP::Lite doc or search
        maillist archive. This topic was discussed recently.

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com