Re: [soaplite] SOAP ::Lite Server choice

  • Randy J. Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2002

      Sandeep> Does any one know which has the best peorformance and pros and cons
      Sandeep> of each

      Sandeep> I have seen the soap lite doc. but it does not talk about when to
      Sandeep> use which server..

      Well, how patient are you? I'm writing a book on Perl/web services, and I'll
      be covering that question. But it's a few months away :-).

      As for me, I'm still researching the issue, so I can't really say at this
      point. One thing to consider is the environment you already have access to. Do
      you have an installation of Apache running mod_perl? Then I would recommend
      the mod_perl approach using the Apache::SOAP wrapper class. If you are setting
      up a stand-alone server that only handles the SOAP issues while other servers
      take care of the rest, just use SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon, which uses the
      HTTP::Daemon class behind the scenes. Use the CGI-style server for a web
      server that doesn't have mod_perl available. I'm not (yet) familiar with
      mod_soap, so I'm at a loss there.

      Randy
      Randy J. Ray rjray@...
      Campbell, CA rjray@...