403 forbidden

  • Khamesra, SandeepX
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2002
      I am trying to run the sample chat program. I have copied the Chat.pm to /var/www/cgi-bin/My director

      Modified chat prog's proxy call accordingly..
      I am getting 403 forbidden error .. Any clue why it is happening
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2002
        Hi, Sandeep!

        Chat.pm don't need to be in /var/www/cgi-bin/ directory. You can put
        it in any directory that is available from your server. You also need
        to have your server script (I'm not sure you have one), for example
        this:

        soap.daemon:

        use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

        ->new(LocalPort => 81)
        ->objects_by_reference('My::Chat')
        ->dispatch_to('/path/to/My/Chat.pm', 'My::Chat');
        print "Contact to chat server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
        $daemon->handle;

        You won't be able to use cgi-based server, because this application
        requires persistent on server side and uses only in-memory storage.
        Hope it helps.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com