Re: [soaplite] How to access request and response in server method

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2002
      Hi, Peter!

      It should be pretty easy to do with a database connection object
      which is per server instance object as far as I understand. You can
      do something like this:

      package My::Server;
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon->....;
      $My::Server::db_handle = ....;
      $server->handle;

      and you can access $My::Server::db_handle from your methods.

      To get access to request/response object, you may override
      request/response methods of SOAP::Server (or any inherited class,
      like SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon). Although there is no easy way to
      pass this information down to your method. If you find the way, let
      me know; for now your best bet is probably global variables, even if
      won't work for non-sequential processing on server side. Let me know
      if you find a better solution, I'll document it. Thanks.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com