Re: [soaplite] Two questions from deep code study

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 6:08 PM
      Hi, Randy!

      --- "Randy J. Ray" <rjray@...> wrote:
      > As part of the book I'm currently writing, I've been doing a very
      > thorough
      > overview and documentation of all the classes in the SOAP::Lite
      > module. In my
      Nice ;)

      > studies, I've come across a few things that don't quite add up:
      >
      > 1. While SOAP::Trace defines the signals "dispatch" and "headers",
      > neither
      > are ever triggered. The "dispatch" signal seems to be used in
      > one place,
      > but it commented out. "headers" doesn't seem to used anywhere.
      That's correct. dispatch() method was commented out in 0.50 and
      headers() was only used in 0.41. Should they be deleted? I'm not
      sure. I still plan to use them.

      > 2. If the handler method in SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache class
      > could be used
      > directly as a method handler in mod_perl if it is given a
      > prototype of ($$).
      > The sample SOAP::Apache module in examples/server probably
      > wouldn't even be necessary.
      Hm, yes. Never thought about it. Thanks for the idea. Although you
      need to configure server somehow. SOAP::Apache allows you to
      configure it in your code, and Apache::SOAP allows you to configure
      server using .htaccess or httpd.conf file.

      http://health.yahoo.com