Jabber transport

  • Dougal Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2002
      I wanted to experiment with the Jabber transport functionality in
      SOAP::Lite, but I'm running into a problem...

      dougal:~> perl soapjab.pl
      Can't locate object method "AddDelegate" via package "Net::Jabber::Protocol"
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Net/Jabber/Client.pm line 171.

      This comes from SOAP::Transport::JABBER.pm, right after authentication
      occurs:
      $self->AddDelegate(
      namespace => $NAMESPACE,
      parent => 'Net::Jabber::Query',
      parenttype => 'query',
      delegate => 'SOAP::Transport::JABBER::Query',
      );

      But there's no AddDelegate method in the Net::Jabber module, or anywhere
      else, than I can find.

      I'm guessing that there used to be an AddDelegate method, and that it
      went away during a Net::Jabber upgrade? I've got
      Net::Jabber version 1.0024
      SOAP::Lite version 0.55

      Any clues on how to work around this?

      --
      Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal@...>
      http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2002
        On Fri, 3 May 2002, I wrote:

        > I wanted to experiment with the Jabber transport functionality in
        > SOAP::Lite, but I'm running into a problem...
        >
        > dougal:~> perl soapjab.pl
        > Can't locate object method "AddDelegate" via package "Net::Jabber::Protocol"
        > at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Net/Jabber/Client.pm line 171.

        I was able to confirm with one of the Jabber folks that the
        "AddDelegate" hooks disappeared from Net::Jabber several versions ago.

        Are there any plans for updating SOAP::Transport::JABBER work with the
        current version of Net::Jabber, or perhaps with Jabber::Connection?