Problems with a .NET Client

  • heesch
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2002
      I have created a tiny Webservice using SOAP::Lite and a client
      written in vb.net.

      When the client calls the webservice it gets the following error:

      SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present
      (got 'sayHello', expected 'HelloService#sayHello')

      Calling the webservice from a perl client (also using SOAP::Lite)
      works perfectly.

      The object method called within the service is defined as follows:

      my $output = "Hello";

      return SOAP::Data->name('greeting')
      ->type('string')
      ->uri('HelloService')
      ->value($output);

      What is wrong? Can anybody help?

      Regards from Mannheim
      Stefan Heesch
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2002
        On 2002-04-28 heesch wrote:
        >I have created a tiny Webservice using SOAP::Lite and a client
        >written in vb.net.
        >
        >When the client calls the webservice it gets the following error:
        >
        > SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present
        > (got 'sayHello', expected 'HelloService#sayHello')

        This error is from the SOAP::Lite server which is rejecting the message from your VB client. Somewhere in your VB code you need to specify the SOAPAction field, not
        sure if it is explicit or implicit.
        You're probably setting it to "sayHello", it should be set to "HelloService#sayHello" or
        "HelloService/sayHello"

        Regards,
        Duncan Cameron