Win32 Perl crashes when using https in a wsdl

  • Weidong Wang
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2002
      This is win32's perl 5.6.1 on win2k box (by Randy Kobes, with his big package that contains perl, openssl, apache). OpenSSL 0.9.6a, Soap-Lite 0.52, Crypt-SSLeay 0.29.

      I am using a WSDL that specifies a https soap server. The SSL handshaking was fine, the client sent the data, the server finished processing. But the moment the server wrote out the result, Perl.exe on the client side crashed: Application Error, the instruction at xxxxxx referenced memoey at yyyyy. The memory could not be "read".

      I tried the same perl soap code on a linux box and it works fine. So this is a win32 only problem.

      Has anyone got this problem before? How did you get around it or fix it?

      If you have https working with soap-lite on win32 box, what version of perl are you using? from whom?

      Thanks.

      Weidong

    • Weidong Wang
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2002
        Found the problem. It has nothing to do with perl ( I tried using activeperl's 5.6.0 version, but it crahses as well). It is the openssl.

        I was using openssl 0.9.6a from the big package. Apparently it has some bugs. After I downloaded 0.9.6c, built and installed it on my win2k box, it works fine now.

        Weidong