encounter some problems in the new soap version

  • Shin Neng Wong
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2002
      Hi all,

      I upgraded my soaplite to the latest one to avoid the
      security flaw. I like to thank Paul and everyone else
      in the contribution.

      However, I just encounter a problem after upgrading.
      Before the upgrade, this worked:

      $self->match(join '/', SOAP::SOM::header,
      'head')->dataof->attr->{'xmlns:Ah'};

      That is, I can extract the attribute value "uri" from
      the following:
      <SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <Ah:head xmlns:Ah=uri>test</Ah:head>
      </SOAP-ENV:Header>

      The trace highlighted the following error:

      Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2244.

      Is SOAP::SOM::header deprecated? If so, what is the
      other way of doing it?

      http://games.yahoo.com/
    • Shin Neng Wong
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2002
        hi all again,

        This is a re-post of the below email. Anyone has any
        idea what is the problem that I am encountering? I
        experience this problem after I upgraded to version
        0.55.

        Thanks in advance again....

        http://health.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2002
          Hi, Shin!

          > > $self->match(join '/', SOAP::SOM::header,
          > > 'head')->dataof->attr->{'xmlns:Ah'};
          > >
          > > That is, I can extract the attribute value "uri"
          > > from
          > > the following:
          > > <SOAP-ENV:Header>
          > > <Ah:head xmlns:Ah=uri>test</Ah:head>
          > > </SOAP-ENV:Header>
          I'm not getting this error, but that was changed in 0.52 and now you
          can't access xmlns attributes directly (may change in future
          versions). To access associated namespace you can do this:

          $self->dataof(join '/', SOAP::SOM::header, 'head')->uri;

          Let me know if that's not what you want.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          --- Shin Neng Wong <shinnengw@...> wrote:
          > hi all again,
          >
          > This is a re-post of the below email. Anyone has any
          > idea what is the problem that I am encountering? I
          > experience this problem after I upgraded to version
          > 0.55.
          >
          > Thanks in advance again....
          > --- Shin Neng Wong <shinnengw@...> wrote:
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I upgraded my soaplite to the latest one to avoid
          > > the
          > > security flaw. I like to thank Paul and everyone
          > > else
          > > in the contribution.
          > >
          > > However, I just encounter a problem after upgrading.
          > >
          > > Before the upgrade, this worked:
          > >
          > > $self->match(join '/', SOAP::SOM::header,
          > > 'head')->dataof->attr->{'xmlns:Ah'};
          > >
          > > That is, I can extract the attribute value "uri"
          > > from
          > > the following:
          > > <SOAP-ENV:Header>
          > > <Ah:head xmlns:Ah=uri>test</Ah:head>
          > > </SOAP-ENV:Header>
          > >
          > > The trace highlighted the following error:
          > >
          > > Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
          > > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line
          > > 2244.
          > >
          > > Is SOAP::SOM::header deprecated? If so, what is the
          > > other way of doing it?

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • Shin Neng Wong
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2002
            Hi Paul,

            Thanks for the info. However, it's different from
            what I want because the code will work even though if
            it is a different prefix. That is, this will still
            work:

            <SOAP-ENV:Header>
            <Ax:head xmlns:Ax=uri>test</Ah:head>
            </SOAP-ENV:Header>

            I want to make sure that it is "Ah" and not anything
            else. Is there another method around it?

            http://health.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2002
              Hi, Shin!

              --- Shin Neng Wong <shinnengw@...> wrote:
              > Thanks for the info. However, it's different from
              > what I want because the code will work even though if
              > it is a different prefix. That is, this will still
              > work:
              >
              > <SOAP-ENV:Header>
              > <Ax:head xmlns:Ax=uri>test</Ah:head>
              > </SOAP-ENV:Header>
              >
              > I want to make sure that it is "Ah" and not anything
              > else. Is there another method around it?
              Yes. prefix() method for SOAP::Data object will return prefix used
              for that element, but it really shouldn't matter when dealing with
              XML. Anyway, this code:

              print $self->dataof(join '/', SOAP::SOM::header, 'head')->prefix;

              will print 'Ah';

              http://health.yahoo.com
            • Shin Neng Wong
              Message 6 of 6 , May 6, 2002
                Hi Paul,

                Thanks. It worked. I wasn't aware of the prefix()
                function so I did not try it.

                Best wishes,

                Shin Neng

                http://health.yahoo.com