Re: [soaplite] Demo example in the SOAP::Lite Quick Start Guide

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2002
      On 2002-04-19 kshl wrote:
      >I'm trying to get the examples in the Quick Start Guide to work, but
      >I am having trouble with the first example already.
      >
      >I have two FreeBSD boxes with SOAP::Lite installed. I am using one
      >as the server, running apache, and the other as the client. I copied
      >the 'hibye.cgi' onto the server and 'hibye.pl' to the client. I also
      >modified the uri and proxy in 'hibye.pl' to point to my server. When
      >I run the client program, I get back "500 Internal Server Error".

      You want to modify only the proxy statement. This works for me:

      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
      -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;

      >What am I missing? Do I need to set something in httpd.conf?

      If you are only using cgi then no. Once you get onto mod_perl then you'll need to
      modify httpd.conf.

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron