Two questions from deep code study

  • Randy J. Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19 9:28 PM
      As part of the book I'm currently writing, I've been doing a very thorough
      overview and documentation of all the classes in the SOAP::Lite module. In my
      studies, I've come across a few things that don't quite add up:

      1. While SOAP::Trace defines the signals "dispatch" and "headers", neither
      are ever triggered. The "dispatch" signal seems to be used in one place,
      but it commented out. "headers" doesn't seem to used anywhere.

      2. If the handler method in SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache class could be used
      directly as a method handler in mod_perl if it is given a prototype of ($$).
      The sample SOAP::Apache module in examples/server probably wouldn't even
      be necessary.

      Randy
      --
      rjray@... Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

      Any spammers auto-extracting addresses from this message will definitely want
      to include uce@... and report@...
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2002
        Hi, Randy!

        --- "Randy J. Ray" <rjray@...> wrote:
        > As part of the book I'm currently writing, I've been doing a very
        > thorough
        > overview and documentation of all the classes in the SOAP::Lite
        > module. In my
        Nice ;)

        > studies, I've come across a few things that don't quite add up:
        >
        > 1. While SOAP::Trace defines the signals "dispatch" and "headers",
        > neither
        > are ever triggered. The "dispatch" signal seems to be used in
        > one place,
        > but it commented out. "headers" doesn't seem to used anywhere.
        That's correct. dispatch() method was commented out in 0.50 and
        headers() was only used in 0.41. Should they be deleted? I'm not
        sure. I still plan to use them.

        > 2. If the handler method in SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache class
        > could be used
        > directly as a method handler in mod_perl if it is given a
        > prototype of ($$).
        > The sample SOAP::Apache module in examples/server probably
        > wouldn't even be necessary.
        Hm, yes. Never thought about it. Thanks for the idea. Although you
        need to configure server somehow. SOAP::Apache allows you to
        configure it in your code, and Apache::SOAP allows you to configure
        server using .htaccess or httpd.conf file.

        http://health.yahoo.com