Demo example in the SOAP::Lite Quick Start Guide

  • kshl
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2002
      I'm trying to get the examples in the Quick Start Guide to work, but
      I am having trouble with the first example already.

      I have two FreeBSD boxes with SOAP::Lite installed. I am using one
      as the server, running apache, and the other as the client. I copied
      the 'hibye.cgi' onto the server and 'hibye.pl' to the client. I also
      modified the uri and proxy in 'hibye.pl' to point to my server. When
      I run the client program, I get back "500 Internal Server Error".

      What am I missing? Do I need to set something in httpd.conf?

      I tried the 'hibye.pl' as is, without modifying th euri and proxy,
      but it did not work either. I got "404 Not Found" error.
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2002
        On 2002-04-19 kshl wrote:
        >I'm trying to get the examples in the Quick Start Guide to work, but
        >I am having trouble with the first example already.
        >
        >I have two FreeBSD boxes with SOAP::Lite installed. I am using one
        >as the server, running apache, and the other as the client. I copied
        >the 'hibye.cgi' onto the server and 'hibye.pl' to the client. I also
        >modified the uri and proxy in 'hibye.pl' to point to my server. When
        >I run the client program, I get back "500 Internal Server Error".

        You want to modify only the proxy statement. This works for me:

        use SOAP::Lite;
        print SOAP::Lite
        -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
        -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/hibye.cgi')
        -> hi()
        -> result;

        >What am I missing? Do I need to set something in httpd.conf?

        If you are only using cgi then no. Once you get onto mod_perl then you'll need to
        modify httpd.conf.

        Regards,
        Duncan Cameron