  • werner ackerl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 6:49 AM
      one of my calls triggers a lengthy database
      operation on the server (140-240sec). connecting
      directly, the client waits for the response.
      but when i have to go though a proxy, the call times
      out too fast.
      strange thing is, the time factor seems to depend
      on the client.
      perl soaplite, http: 180 sec
      perl soaplite, https: 180 sec
      apache soap, http: 30 sec
      apache soap, https: 120 sec *
      *(this combination was also tested and time confirmed
      by one of our testers, on a different proxy)

      the errormessages themselves:
      perl + soaplite says
      500 read timeout

      apache soap + http says
      <HEAD><TITLE>Connection Timed Out</TITLE></HEAD>
      <BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black"><H1>Connection
      Timed Out</H1><HR>
      <FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
      <HR>
      <!-- default "Connection Timed Out" response (504) -->
      </BODY>

      where do these messages originate from? proxy or
      client? and how can this behavior be influenced?

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/