RE: [soaplite] how cgi handle non-rpc soap?

  • Shin Neng Wong
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002
      according to xmethods.net, there are 2 styles: RPC
      style and DOC style. So far, SOAPLite examples seem
      to indicate rpc style.

      Basically, I am facing this problem. My server will
      request a service from my server like:

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <ECPAh:login
      xmlns:ECPAh="http://10.10.10.10/ECPA/">test</ECPAh:login>
      </SOAP-ENV:Header>
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <RSM:ReceiveSM
      xmlns:RSM="http://10.10.10.10/ECPA/">
      <application_id><application_id>
      <timestamp></timestamp>
      <message_id></message_id>
      <message_text></message_text>
      </RSM:ReceiveSM>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      and my server is suppose to respond with the
      following:

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <result>1</result>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      But, I can't seem to get it working. any ideas?

      --- Sarinder Virk <sarinder@...> wrote:
      > Not sure what you mean by "non-RPC call", but for a
      > quick start take a look
      > at http://guide.soaplite.com

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Michael Percy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2002
        If you want to get your app debugged, you will have to provide more
        information than that about your setup, software on both sides of the
        transaction, faults you are getting, etc.

        However, as far as I understand it, RPC style is not supported by most SOAP
        implementations and has a weak definition in the SOAP spec. It involves
        something about using only the SOAP header to transmit information about a
        function call. On the other hand, most software uses Doc-style, which uses
        the Body of the SOAP document to transmit structured information.

        Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

        Mike