Re: RE: [soaplite] Re: Install on Windows 98 NT 2000

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
      Hi, Duncan!

      Thank you, I'll include it in docs.

      > Paul - it might be an idea to provide a PPM-ready version in
      > addition to the Unix and Win32 versions. I don't know whether such
      > a version would vary across different Active State distributions,
      > but I can provide one for the version identified above.
      Yes, I'm working on it. It would be great if you could do it for
      5.005 version of ActivePerl and I'll do it for 5.6. Thank you.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Peter Wilkinson
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
        Thanks Duncan,
        The build and install and tests work fine on Win2000 SP1, ActiveState v5.6.0
        build 623, using the .NET SDK nmake.

        I like the 'ppm install', I was not aware it would install from source like
        that.

        PW.

        On 2001-02-07 at 02:44:00, Peter Wilkinson <pwilkinson@...>
        wrote concerning 'RE: [soaplite] Re: Install on Windows 98 NT 2000':
        >I've just downloaded the latest SOAP::Lite .zip and it compiles fine here.
        >
        >'perl Makefile.PL' the 'nmake' and it builds fine. I did have to install
        the
        >MIME::Lite ppm, but I got that straight from ActiveState.
        >
        >My configuration is Win2000 SP1 and .NET SDK installed for 'nmake'
        >
        >I didn't install as this version of ppm requires SOAP::Lite and didn't let
        >me remove the 0.43 version!
        >
        >PW.
        >
        >Peter Wilkinson
        >pwilkinson@...

      • Peter Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
          Duncan,
          I didn't get the htmlhelp part to work though - I can't find the module,
          where is that located???

          PW.

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2001
              On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:16:10 -0500 , "Fisher, James" <jfisher@...>
              wrote:

              >That is not created by default. Here are your options.
              >
              >1. (The option I use) Open a cmd prompt and type "perldoc SOAP::Lite".
              >type "perldoc perldoc" if you have any questions.

              >2. There is a bat called pod2html.bat which will convert it to html, but I
              >have never used it. If you want it to show up on that nice html index for
              >the activestate docs you may have to open up the file and add it. There is
              >an automated way to do this, but I would have to look it up.

              Yes, pod2html is the command for converting the PODs to HTML. You must
              then install your HTML docs into the perl/html/site/lib branch.

              You can automatically recreate the "Table Of Contents" by running:

              perl -MActivePerl::DocTools -eActivePerl::DocTools::WriteTOC

              -Jan