Streaming SOAP request and response

  • Ricardo Scachetti Pereira
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9 7:54 AM
      Hi, all.
      Is it possible to handle large parameters in SOAP,
      without storing them in memory all at once? Is there a
      way of streaming the request or response so I don't
      need to have a large variables (say, 5MB+) all in
      memory at once?
      I believe that one requisite for streaming
      requests and responses is that the SOAP package have
      to use a SAX-like parser instead of a DOM parser, in
      order to encode and decode the method parameters to
      and from SOAP XML.
      As far as I know, SOAP::Lite uses a SAX-like arser
      (expat). Is that right? If so, how can I stream the
      request and response using SOAP::Lite?
      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Ricardo

      --