Streaming SOAP request and response

  • scachett
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2002
      Hi, all.
      Is it possible to handle large parameters in SOAP,
      without storing them in memory all at once? Is there a
      way of streaming the request or response so I don't
      need to have a large variables (say, 5MB+) all in
      memory at once?
      I believe that one requisite for streaming requests
      and responses is that the SOAP package have to use a
      SAX-like parser instead of a DOM parser, in order to
      encode and decode the method parameters to and from
      SOAP XML.
      As far as I know, SOAP::Lite uses a SAX-like
      parser (expat). Is that right? If so, how can I stream
      the request and response using SOAP::Lite?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      All the best,

      Ricardo

      --
      Ricardo Scachetti Pereira
      Research Manager
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2002
        Hi, all.
        Is it possible to handle large parameters in SOAP,
        without storing them in memory all at once? Is there a
        way of streaming the request or response so I don't
        need to have a large variables (say, 5MB+) all in
        memory at once?
        I believe that one requisite for streaming
        requests and responses is that the SOAP package have
        to use a SAX-like parser instead of a DOM parser, in
        order to encode and decode the method parameters to
        and from SOAP XML.
        As far as I know, SOAP::Lite uses a SAX-like arser
        (expat). Is that right? If so, how can I stream the
        request and response using SOAP::Lite?
        Thanks in advance for your help.

        Ricardo

        --
        Ricardo Scachetti Pereira
        Research Manager
        Centro de Refer�ncia em Informa��o Ambiental - CRIA
        http://www.cria.org.br/

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/