spanish char (international compatibility)

  • soaplite
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 11:10 PM
      I'm trying to implement a soaplite server/client that accept the
      international char ñ(Ñ). I've been succesful in the response:

      with
      $server=SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      ->dispatch_to('....');
      $server->serializer->encoding('iso-8859-1');
      $server->handle;

      and
      $data=SOAP::Data->type(string => $resultado);
      return $data;

      for not soaplite change the string into base64 encoding....

      the problem is in the client part when I send the data for the web
      service: It seems to add one char (even in base64encoding) before the
      ñ(Ñ)

      the code is:
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->uri('....')
      ->service('http://xxxx/xxx.wsdl')
      ->encoding('iso-8859-1');

      $data="ñ"(Ñ);
      $data=SOAP::Data->type(string =>$data);
      print $soap->webservice($data);

      and it seems to add a char and the return is like:
      '¤'(¥)

      for the other point I'm give you a great point: I've been able to
      made a working wsdl file for interact with a vb proggie made with
      microsoft soap toolkit that works great, I really like your program,
      thanks for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I will continue working on it, if I can get a solution, I'll post it
      as a response

      *I have put the chars in html code for exact transcription*
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 8:50 AM
        Hi, dbolado!

        > with
        > $server=SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI->dispatch_to('....');
        > $server->serializer->encoding('iso-8859-1');
        > $server->handle;
        There is not enough information to be certain (I need to see the
        server code), but I believe you don't need to change encoding on
        server side. XML::Parser always returns data in UTF8, and when later
        you specify that it's 'iso-8859-1' you get an additional byte for
        your international character. Full wiredumps (request and response)
        as well as server code will definitely be helpful.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/