Re: Element 'xmlProductString' can't be allowed in valid XML message. Died

  • davidthewatson
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21, 2002
      > Just a follow-up. You can force encoding of your XML fragment with
      > this code:
      >
      > my $product = 'http://192.168.0.170:8080/mws/urn:Product.wsdl';
      > my $msg = SOAP::Lite->service($product)
      > ->validate('somesessionid',
      > SOAP::Data->type(string => $long_line),
      > 'TEXT');

      Hi Paul:

      I tried your suggestion above today. It doesn't work either. The end
      result is that the server receives a null string. I've also tried
      removing the XML declaration from the string being sent. That doesn't
      solve it either. I also tried a bit of replacement on the (typically
      escaped) characters. That doesn't seem to do it either. Not sure if
      there's anything else I should try.

      Thanks for all of your help.

      -david