Re: [soaplite] Element 'xmlProductString' can't be allowed in valid XML message. Died

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 18, 2002
      Hi, David!

      > I have deleted a lot of extraneous code for brevity. SOAP::Lite
      > generates this message
      >
      > Element 'xmlProductString' can't be allowed in valid XML message.
      > Died
      That's still a mystery for me. You should get this message ONLY if
      wsdl file specifies "xmlProductString" as an element name (which is
      incorrect), but I can't access the file to verify that. Let me know
      if you see some other reason.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- davidthewatson <davidthewatson@...> wrote:
      > I have the following code:
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > $file = 'data.xml' ;
      > open(INFO, "<$file" ) ;
      > @lines = <INFO> ;
      > close(INFO) ;
      > $long_line = join("\n", @lines);
      > my $product = 'http://192.168.0.170:8080/mws/urn:Product.wsdl';
      > my $msg = SOAP::Lite->service($product)->validate
      > ('somesessionid',$long_line, 'TEXT');
      >
      > I have deleted a lot of extraneous code for brevity. SOAP::Lite
      > generates this message
      >
      > Element 'xmlProductString' can't be allowed in valid XML message.
      > Died
      >
      > when making the validate call. The server is running Glue 2.1 from
      > the mind electric. The second parameter where $long_line is being
      > passed is a SOAP string which has embedded XML in it. This works
      > with
      > a variety of clients including java, dotnet(C#), vbscript, etc. I'm
      >
      > not sure why the SOAP::Lite parser doesn't like the embedded XML
      > string. I assume there's a parsing issue with the tags but I'm not
      > sure if it can be escaped or whether there's a call I can make to
      > tell it to treat the string specially.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > David

      http://sports.yahoo.com/
    • davidthewatson
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21, 2002
        > Just a follow-up. You can force encoding of your XML fragment with
        > this code:
        >
        > my $product = 'http://192.168.0.170:8080/mws/urn:Product.wsdl';
        > my $msg = SOAP::Lite->service($product)
        > ->validate('somesessionid',
        > SOAP::Data->type(string => $long_line),
        > 'TEXT');

        Hi Paul:

        I tried your suggestion above today. It doesn't work either. The end
        result is that the server receives a null string. I've also tried
        removing the XML declaration from the string being sent. That doesn't
        solve it either. I also tried a bit of replacement on the (typically
        escaped) characters. That doesn't seem to do it either. Not sure if
        there's anything else I should try.

        Thanks for all of your help.

        -david