SMTP transport and async interface (was: Re: [soaplite] Patch for 0.52)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2002
      Hi, Tom!

      > And I just ran across a typo in SOAP::Lite.
      Thank you for your patch. I applied it. For some reason I thought I
      replied to your message, but I don't see my reply in the archive.

      > Paul, would you be interested (assuming it meets your
      > standards, of course) including this 2-way SMTP transport
      > in a future release?
      Definitely. It fills the gap between SOAP server that is called on
      mail delivery and POP3 server. The next step is to retrieve message
      on client side. There is no POP3 client in SOAP::Lite as of now, but
      it shouldn't be difficult to modify POP3 server to get required
      functionality. Current problem for me is to come up with clear async
      API. I discussed async API with Tony Hong (Xmethods) and GLUE team
      (http://www.themindelectric.com/) which they implemented in Java, but
      I don't think it applies well for SOAP::Lite's interface. How do you
      see async interface for your transport? Thank you.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      http://sports.yahoo.com/