Re: [soaplite] Soap::Lite under mod_perl Namespace issue

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16, 2002
      On 2002-03-14 marceusz wrote:
      >This is an old issue that I've ignored for a bit because it was a bit of a
      >non-issue but is about to become a large issue again.
      >
      >When I make calls on a Soap::Lite server running under mod_perl I get the
      >following "feature":
      >
      >Called from a Javascript Client ... works beautifully...
      >Call from Soap::Lite Client ... no problem ...
      >Call again from the Javascript Client ... there is a namespace error ...
      >"Called with [xyz] expected [xyz]" ... even if these two namespaces are
      >identical.
      >
      >This happens without fail. But only if I call the server from a Soap::Lite
      >client and >then< the Javascript client ... and then only the Javascript
      >client is getting the error.
      >
      >This also only happens under mod_perl, the CGI version of the Soap::Lite
      >server works perfectly ... but this is the only portion of the project that
      >is CGI ... and we'd like to move it on under mod_perl as well.
      >
      >This makes me thing that the namespace variables are not being set to a
      >undefined value when a new call to the server is made. Is there something in
      >the SOAP package we should check on to make sure that the namespace is
      >set/reset properly?
      >
      >Any help or direction here could be very helpful.
      >-Chris
      There was a vaguely similar problem described on the Developmentor SOAP list -
      SOAP::Lite server and two different clients:

      http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0112&L=SOAP&P=R2488&m=9106

      If you turn-on tracing on the server you might be able to identify the significant
      difference in the SOAP envelopes sent by the two clients. That might point to where
      a problem might be in SOAP::Lite.

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
        Hi, Chris!

        I wasn't seeing it as a problem with SOAP::Lite, because SOAPAction
        header is mandatory, but it will become optional in SOAP 1.2
        (according to current draft), so I patched SOAP::Lite to tolerate
        absence of SOAPAction header and it should fix the problem. Would you
        like to test the patch? Thanks, Chris.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        (http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0112&L=SOAP&D=0&m=9106&

        http://sports.yahoo.com/
      • marceusz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
          In a message dated 18-Mar-02 5:40:10 PM GMT Standard Time, paulclinger@... writes:

          Hi, Chris!

          I wasn't seeing it as a problem with SOAP::Lite, because SOAPAction
          header is mandatory, but it will become optional in SOAP 1.2
          (according to current draft), so I patched SOAP::Lite to tolerate
          absence of SOAPAction header and it should fix the problem. Would you
          like to test the patch? Thanks, Chris.

          I would love to. But I may not get a chance until later in the week as our "development" machine was just made a "production" machine hosting the new online demo (gotta love v1.0 beta testing) ... and I need to setup a new development box ... in which I will be trying to get past the expat errors thrown by mod_perl as well.

          -Chris
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
            Hi, Chris!

            > > like to test the patch? Thanks, Chris.
            > I would love to. But I may not get a chance until later in the week
            off-list. Thank you.

            Best wishes, Paul.

            http://sports.yahoo.com/