Re: [soaplite] Soap::Lite under mod_perl Namespace issue

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16, 2002
      On 2002-03-14 marceusz wrote:
      >This is an old issue that I've ignored for a bit because it was a bit of a
      >non-issue but is about to become a large issue again.
      >
      >When I make calls on a Soap::Lite server running under mod_perl I get the
      >following "feature":
      >
      >Called from a Javascript Client ... works beautifully...
      >Call from Soap::Lite Client ... no problem ...
      >Call again from the Javascript Client ... there is a namespace error ...
      >"Called with [xyz] expected [xyz]" ... even if these two namespaces are
      >identical.
      >
      >This happens without fail. But only if I call the server from a Soap::Lite
      >client and >then< the Javascript client ... and then only the Javascript
      >client is getting the error.
      >
      >This also only happens under mod_perl, the CGI version of the Soap::Lite
      >server works perfectly ... but this is the only portion of the project that
      >is CGI ... and we'd like to move it on under mod_perl as well.
      >
      >This makes me thing that the namespace variables are not being set to a
      >undefined value when a new call to the server is made. Is there something in
      >the SOAP package we should check on to make sure that the namespace is
      >set/reset properly?
      >
      >Any help or direction here could be very helpful.
      >-Chris
      There was a vaguely similar problem described on the Developmentor SOAP list -
      SOAP::Lite server and two different clients:

      http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0112&L=SOAP&P=R2488&m=9106

      If you turn-on tracing on the server you might be able to identify the significant
      difference in the SOAP envelopes sent by the two clients. That might point to where
      a problem might be in SOAP::Lite.

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron
    • marceusz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2002
        Actually I think this exactly describs the condition I was seeing. And has
        given me a perfectly place to start looking ... we've "rolled our own" SOAP
        client for Javascript and aren't exactly up to speed on what may or may not
        be required by the spec
        (http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0112&L=SOAP&D=0&m=9106&
        P=4160 -- link posted for posterity ... cause if I didn't find this
        information someone else might need it too)

        Thank you.

        -Chris
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
          Hi, Chris!

          I wasn't seeing it as a problem with SOAP::Lite, because SOAPAction
          header is mandatory, but it will become optional in SOAP 1.2
          (according to current draft), so I patched SOAP::Lite to tolerate
          absence of SOAPAction header and it should fix the problem. Would you
          like to test the patch? Thanks, Chris.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          http://sports.yahoo.com/
        • marceusz@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
            In a message dated 18-Mar-02 5:40:10 PM GMT Standard Time, paulclinger@... writes:

            Hi, Chris!

            I wasn't seeing it as a problem with SOAP::Lite, because SOAPAction
            header is mandatory, but it will become optional in SOAP 1.2
            (according to current draft), so I patched SOAP::Lite to tolerate
            absence of SOAPAction header and it should fix the problem. Would you
            like to test the patch? Thanks, Chris.

            I would love to. But I may not get a chance until later in the week as our "development" machine was just made a "production" machine hosting the new online demo (gotta love v1.0 beta testing) ... and I need to setup a new development box ... in which I will be trying to get past the expat errors thrown by mod_perl as well.

            -Chris
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
              Hi, Chris!

              > > like to test the patch? Thanks, Chris.
              > I would love to. But I may not get a chance until later in the week
              off-list. Thank you.

              Best wishes, Paul.

              http://sports.yahoo.com/