Re: [soaplite] A question on a set of odd errors

  • Jim Dixon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2002
      On 13 Mar 2002, Joe Landman wrote:

      > I am reasonably sure this is a coding error on my part. I have a
      > basic client and server set up using SOAP::Lite and the built in http
      > transport (server and client). I turned the tracing up to full so I
      > could see what was going on.
      >
      > In short, soap calls like this
      >
      > (client side)
      >
      > $remote = SOAP::Lite
      > ->uri('http://www.mscsoftware.com/ftld')
      > ->proxy('http://'.$remote_host.':10101');
      >
      > $remote->call(new)->result;

      One would expect an argument list to follow the call to new(), so
      this should look like

      $remote->call(new => @nameValuePairs)->result;

      > results in on the server side
      >
      > .
      > SOAP::Server::handle:
      > SOAP::SOM::DESTROY: ()
      > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: ()
      > Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2229.
      > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client Failed to locate method (result)
      > in class (ftld) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm
      > line 2180.
      > http://squash:10101/
      > SOAP::Data::new: ()

      For what it's worth, when I built a client/server pair that followed
      your model fairly closely, it worked. There wasn't enough detail to
      really duplicate what you were doing. My server was stand-alone and
      running on a FreeBSD system. Not knowing what set_attribute() was
      supposed to do, I just used the parameter list to build a hash.
      There were no obvious problems, certainly nothing like what you
      encountered.

      --
      Jim Dixon jdd@... tel +44 117 982 0786 mobile +44 797 373 7881
      ---------- THAT'S A CHANGE OF ADDRESS: I'm no longer jdd@... --------