XMLRPC::Lite faultcode returned as string should be int

  • peterfwilkinson_au
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 7:45 AM
      Hi,

      I'm just started doing some work with XMLRPC::Lite and run across a
      small problem where it returns faults with a faultCode that is a
      string containing 'Server'. From my reading of the XMP-RPC spec it
      should be returning an int, the spec doesn't give any hints as to
      generally supported values that can be used.

      I've had a quick look at the source and can see where it sets the
      value of the faultCode in the envelope sub, but very quickly got
      lost in where it got to this point so I don't have a patch for this.

      Also thanks for the great work on all of SOAP::Lite, we've used it
      for a number of projects and have a great deal of success with it.

      peterw.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18 3:56 PM
        Hi, Peter!

        > small problem where it returns faults with a faultCode that is a
        > string containing 'Server'. From my reading of the XMP-RPC spec it
        > should be returning an int, the spec doesn't give any hints as to
        > generally supported values that can be used.
        You're absolutely correct. According to spec it must be int, and I
        couldn't find any table that describes values and their meaning. In
        case of XMLRPC::Lite it just propagates values returned by server
        component. You may override make_fault method in your server and make
        it return values you need. Let me know if you need an example.

        I will appreciate if someone can point to detailed description of
        xml-rpc's error codes.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://sports.yahoo.com/