Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite with mod_perl

  • Sam Tregar
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10 5:30 PM
      On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, ekw1 wrote:

      > Can SOAP::Lite be used with mod_perl without using mod_soap? This is
      > running under Apache 1.3.20/mod_perl 1.24/RedHat 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7).

      Yes. I got a PerlHandler using SOAP::Lite running with relative ease.

      > I have a perl script that runs fine under regular CGI execution.
      > When I try to run the same script through mod_perl handled by
      > Apache::PerlRun, the log file shows that it segfaults and I don't
      > where/how to debug this.

      Apache::PerlRun is a bit of a monstrosity. Try with Apache::Registry or
      write a real PerlHandler. I bet that will solve the problem.

      If not, it's gdb time! You'll have to build debugging versions of Apache,
      Perl and mod_perl. Then run your server single-process using "httpd -X"
      under gdb to catch the seg-fault.

      -sam
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 10 6:09 PM
        Hi, ekw1!

        It coule also be problem with Expat and mod_perl. Take a look here:
        http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/SOAP-Lite/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.html#TROUBLESHOOTING

        To make a quick check, you may disable XML::Parser with:

        use SOAP::Lite;
        $SOAP::Constants::DO_NOT_USE_XML_PARSER = 1;

        on server side. Hope it helps.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://mail.yahoo.com/