Re: [soaplite] How to get a response?

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2002
      On 2002-03-08 Tom Mornini wrote:
      >On Friday, March 8, 2002, at 12:30 AM, Sam Tregar wrote:

      --- snipped ---

      >I was trying to politely, and with a bit of humor, get a bit of
      >attention.
      >
      >I was surprised not to have received a response to some of the good and
      >thought provoking questions I asked as my questions usually rocket to
      >the top of list moms' most desirable to answer list. :-)
      >
      >I felt quite certain that I wasn't being ignored on purpose: while my
      >questions themselves might not be the most exciting in the world, a
      >patch and an offer to contribute an entire functional module are rarely
      >completely ignored! They're typically either 1) thankfully accepted, or
      >2) ridiculed, but are rarely 3) completely and silently ignored.
      >
      >In addition, another person asked nearly exactly the same question that
      >I did, about forcing typed decoding for incoming requests from MS SOAP
      >Toolkit 2.0 clients, which further leads me to believe that the
      >questions I ask are generally relevant and will eventually be responded
      >to. :-)
      Tom

      I got the impression that Paul has been 'off-line' recently. In the past
      he has been receptive to patches, so I assume that he's just not looking
      at the list so frequently.

      Regarding your concern about unanswered questions, again often Paul
      is the only one able to give a clear answer. I jump in now and again
      when it's a FAQ or it's something which I feel confident about.

      I guess part of the problem is that SOAP::Lite is pretty much a
      one-man package, and the design and documentation probably
      reflect that.

      Also, re your query about accessing the Transport object from the
      dispatched method, I can't see a way to do that.

      Regards,
      Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2002
        Hi, Duncan and Tom!

        > >I was surprised not to have received a response to some of the
        > good and
        > >thought provoking questions I asked as my questions usually rocket
        > to the top of list moms' most desirable to answer list. :-)
        ;) that's true. I'm sorry for that. It's on the list. Duncan is
        correct about 'one-man package' and 'has been off-line recently'. I
        have been doing SOAP::Lite for year and a half on my spare time which
        I don't have much these days. I have a full-time job and can't take
        time off to work on SOAP::Lite (because of my visa status I need to
        work at least 40 hours a week and my current work is not related to
        SOAP::Lite). I was also traveling extensively in February and wasn't
        able to address questions on the maillist.

        What's the best thing to do in this situation? I will be glad to
        share responsibility if someone decides to take on that. I do code
        updates and I don't plan to stop doing it any time soon, but I would
        also like to redesign architecture and would be extremely glad to
        have input on that from someone else. I would like to transfer and
        share my knowledge to accelerate development if possible.

        > >completely ignored! They're typically either 1) thankfully
        > accepted, or
        > >2) ridiculed, but are rarely 3) completely and silently ignored.
        I definitely prefer number 1 ;). It helps a lot when you can use
        someone else's work and I don't hesitate to do that and give credit
        when it's due. I would like to apologize for not being more attentive
        to your questions and requests lately. It won't last for long. And
        thanks a lot, everybody, for your great support and help with this
        project.

        Comments, complains, ideas, suggestions?

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://mail.yahoo.com/